User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77

Thread: Reader Beware

  1. #61
    Points: 29,548, Level: 41
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    71674
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Philly, PA
    Posts
    5,305
    Points
    29,548
    Level
    41
    Thanks Given
    1,185
    Thanked 2,215x in 1,642 Posts
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the readers, the thinkers, those who steer their boat and don't look to false gods for leadership.


    'The Cult of Trump: A Leading Cult Expert Explains How the President Uses Mind Control' Steven Hassan

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-cult-of-trump

    'The Big Cheat: How Donald Trump Fleeced America and Enriched Himself and His Family'

    Pulitzer Prize*–winning reporter and dean of Trumpologists David Cay Johnston reveals years of eye-popping financial misdeeds by Donald Trump and his family.

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-the-big-cheat

    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

    "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to midcan5 For This Useful Post:

    stephenpe (05-09-2022)

  3. #62
    Points: 587,533, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassYour first GroupOverdrive50000 Experience PointsTagger First ClassVeteran
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Chris's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    420201
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    179,501
    Points
    587,533
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    25,233
    Thanked 67,776x in 46,967 Posts
    Mentioned
    1935 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    For the readers, the thinkers, those who steer their boat and don't look to false gods for leadership.


    'The Cult of Trump: A Leading Cult Expert Explains How the President Uses Mind Control' Steven Hassan

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-cult-of-trump

    'The Big Cheat: How Donald Trump Fleeced America and Enriched Himself and His Family'

    Pulitzer Prize*–winning reporter and dean of Trumpologists David Cay Johnston reveals years of eye-popping financial misdeeds by Donald Trump and his family.

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-the-big-cheat

    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov

    You mean like Obama?
    The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so. -- Ronald Reagan

  4. #63
    Points: 94,584, Level: 74
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 166
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album pictures50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Cotton1's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    20223
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    27,147
    Points
    94,584
    Level
    74
    Thanks Given
    21,968
    Thanked 20,220x in 13,303 Posts
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    An interesting read. History in a way we rarely see.

    ""To live past the end of your myth is a perilous thing," the Canadian poet Anne Carson once said. With Trump, America finds itself at the end of its myth.

    To talk about the frontier is also to talk about capitalism, about its power and possibility and its promise of boundlessness. Donald Trump figured out that to talk about the border -and to promise a wall- was a way to acknowledge capitalism's limits, its pain, without having to challenge capitalism's terms. Trump ran promising to end the wars and to reverse the extreme anti-regulatory and free-market program of his party. Once in office, though, he accelerated deregulation, increased military spending, and expanded the wars. But he kept talking about his wall.

    That wall might or might not be built. But even if it remains only in its phantasmagorical, budgetary stage, a perpetual negotiating chip between Congress and the White House, the promise of a two-thousand-mile-long, thirty-foot-high ribbon of concrete and steel running along the United States' southern border serves its purpose. It's America's new myth, a monument to the final closing of the frontier. It is a symbol of a nation that used to believe that it had escaped history, or at least strode atop history, bur now finds itself trapped by history, and of a people who used to think they were captains of the future, but now are prisoners of the past." Introduction p8-9

    'The End of the Myth: From the Frontier to the Border Wall in the Mind of America' by Greg Grandin

    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nd-of-the-myth


    "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." Dwight D. Eisenhower
    This thread contains many of the best posts you have ever made
    Crusade Crossing Only

  5. #64
    Points: 11,318, Level: 25
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    948
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,288
    Points
    11,318
    Level
    25
    Thanks Given
    2,421
    Thanked 938x in 667 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLD GUY IN FLORIDA View Post
    Are the only books worth reading are those that disparage the United States and are only read by pseudo intellectuals? Asking for a friend.
    If a book tells the truth about Donnie that means it disparages America? Unlike many cultists that worship at the spoken word of Fox or Trump I actually read books. History mostly. Where they cite evidence and numbers of others who have observed and actually been in the room. I have had heard many Trumpists say what he really was doing. He appointed many that finally said "this shttt show aint for me" and left. Bolton was probably the most credible to some of you. The most compelling thing to me and many others is who can actually look at the man, listen to him and believe this is a leader? Its bizarre. Shttt come out of his mouth that makes you say, "huh?" I know he parrots what hate radio jocks said about liberals that excites his base and others but for fck sake, he acted like a 14 yr old with his insults , blather and obvious lies.

  6. #65
    Original Ranter
    Points: 751,045, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    475974
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    215,012
    Points
    751,045
    Level
    100
    Thanks Given
    139,359
    Thanked 126,958x in 81,785 Posts
    Mentioned
    2464 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cultists! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post
    If a book tells the truth about Donnie that means it disparages America? Unlike many cultists that worship at the spoken word of Fox or Trump I actually read books. History mostly. Where they cite evidence and numbers of others who have observed and actually been in the room. I have had heard many Trumpists say what he really was doing. He appointed many that finally said "this shttt show aint for me" and left. Bolton was probably the most credible to some of you. The most compelling thing to me and many others is who can actually look at the man, listen to him and believe this is a leader? Its bizarre. Shttt come out of his mouth that makes you say, "huh?" I know he parrots what hate radio jocks said about liberals that excites his base and others but for fck sake, he acted like a 14 yr old with his insults , blather and obvious lies.
    Dummy.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ


  7. #66
    Points: 102,115, Level: 77
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    219828
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    38,884
    Points
    102,115
    Level
    77
    Thanks Given
    12,974
    Thanked 20,937x in 14,029 Posts
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post
    If a book tells the truth about Donnie that means it disparages America? Unlike many cultists that worship at the spoken word of Fox or Trump I actually read books. History mostly. Where they cite evidence and numbers of others who have observed and actually been in the room. I have had heard many Trumpists say what he really was doing. He appointed many that finally said "this shttt show aint for me" and left. Bolton was probably the most credible to some of you. The most compelling thing to me and many others is who can actually look at the man, listen to him and believe this is a leader? Its bizarre. Shttt come out of his mouth that makes you say, "huh?" I know he parrots what hate radio jocks said about liberals that excites his base and others but for fck sake, he acted like a 14 yr old with his insults , blather and obvious lies.
    As often as the left media, you stephenpe and midcan5 have lied outright and/or by omission about what Trump has said or done, why would anyone believe what's written in a book ??

    Hell, you, midcan5 and the left media can't even acknowledge that President Biden has a mental acuity problem.

  8. #67
    Points: 54,861, Level: 57
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,489
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredSocial50000 Experience Points
    The Booman's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    19963
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    That's me over there
    Posts
    20,005
    Points
    54,861
    Level
    57
    Thanks Given
    9,069
    Thanked 19,953x in 11,385 Posts
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just when you thing democrats can't get any dumber.

    Would you let me walk down your street naked if I want to?

  9. #68
    Points: 11,318, Level: 25
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    948
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,288
    Points
    11,318
    Level
    25
    Thanks Given
    2,421
    Thanked 938x in 667 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hanger4 View Post
    As often as the left media, you stephenpe and midcan5 have lied outright and/or by omission about what Trump has said or done, why would anyone believe what's written in a book ??
    I lied about trump? Where he told the whole world be believed Putin over our security agencies regarding the election. Treason if it was a dem. There was not "a book" there are double digit books written by appointees, insiders that worked with him. Or books written by Woodward who did hours of interviews with Trump (because his ego demanded he keep talking). Just because you refuse to believe dozens of people that worked near him or with him and cover your ears and eyes does not make it a lie. That sir, is evidence of a cult. Or worse blind belief in an obvious demagogue so narcissistic that a child could see it.

  10. #69
    Points: 102,115, Level: 77
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 435
    Overall activity: 14.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    hanger4's Avatar Advisor
    Karma
    219828
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountains of WNC
    Posts
    38,884
    Points
    102,115
    Level
    77
    Thanks Given
    12,974
    Thanked 20,937x in 14,029 Posts
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe View Post
    I lied about trump? Where he told the whole world be believed Putin over our security agencies regarding the election. Treason if it was a dem. There was not "a book" there are double digit books written by appointees, insiders that worked with him. Or books written by Woodward who did hours of interviews with Trump (because his ego demanded he keep talking). Just because you refuse to believe dozens of people that worked near him or with him and cover your ears and eyes does not make it a lie. That sir, is evidence of a cult. Or worse blind belief in an obvious demagogue so narcissistic that a child could see it.
    I see you ignored this part of my post stephenpe;

    *Hell, you, midcan5 and the left media can't even acknowledge that President Biden has a mental acuity problem*

    Why is that ??

  11. #70
    Points: 11,318, Level: 25
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    stephenpe's Avatar Senior Member
    Karma
    948
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,288
    Points
    11,318
    Level
    25
    Thanks Given
    2,421
    Thanked 938x in 667 Posts
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard him talk more than a few times. Lucidly 279568264_10209413202044562_2682812953038892942_n.jpg[ But you can diagnose because of your education in what medical field. Reagan already had dementia going on before he ended his last term. They say he would fall asleep in meetings so I guess he really didnt know what was going on in South America funding shttt that congress had ruled against.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts