Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 22,756x in 15,337 Posts
    Mentioned
    549 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Please stay on topic, thanks. If you want to talk about our current President create a thread.

I have finally come to understand QAnon. For now I'll just say it is about change. Not being a conspiracy fan - I feel conspiracy is right in the open and understandable. Q was a bit of a puzzle though. More books and readings for those who want to know and understand the whys.

"Trump's rise to power was no aberration in American history and that the political project of Trumpism is still very much alive. The full title is "The Cruelty Is The Point: The Past, Present And Future Of Trump's America.""

'Adam Serwer On New Book: 'The Cruelty Is The Point' In Trump's America'

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/27/10107...-trump-america

'The Storm Is Upon Us: How QAnon Became a Movement, Cult, and Conspiracy Theory of Everything' Mike Rothschild - great read

https://howtoacademy.com/podcasts/mi...rise-of-qanon/

And: https://www.britannica.com/topic/QAnon

'QAnon: What is it and where did it come from?'

https://www.bbc.com/news/53498434

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." Benjamin Franklin
    *Please stay on topic, thanks. If you want to talk about our current President create a thread.*

I suppose it would be too much to ask you to practice what you preach.

You can run away now midcan5, it's what you do best.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hanger4 For This Useful Post:

Cotton1 (10-31-2022)

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialTagger First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    midcan5's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,497x in 1,841 Posts
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the Americans online here

"The violent insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6th, 2021 was a terrible day for American democracy, but at least, many people dared hope that, after it was over, the fever would now be broken, Trump's absurd and relentless set of lies about the stealing of the 2020 election made unspeakable. That is not what happened. Instead, shockingly, "the big steal" has increasingly become dogma among an ever-higher percentage of American Republicans. What happened to the Republican Party, and America, during the Trump presidency is a story we more or less think we know. What has happened to the party since, it turns out, is even more disturbing. That is the story Robert Draper tells here."

'Weapons of Mass Delusion: How the Republican Party Became an Apocalyptic Cult and Brought America to the Brink'

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-mass-delusion
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "The violent insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6th, 2021 was a terrible day for American democracy, but at least, many people dared hope that, after it was over, the fever would now be broken, Trump's absurd and relentless set of lies about the stealing of the 2020 election made unspeakable. That is not what happened. Instead, shockingly, "the big steal" has increasingly become dogma among an ever-higher percentage of American Republicans. What happened to the Republican Party, and America, during the Trump presidency is a story we more or less think we know. What has happened to the party since, it turns out, is even more disturbing. That is the story Robert Draper tells here."

'Weapons of Mass Delusion: How the Republican Party Became an Apocalyptic Cult and Brought America to the Brink'

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-mass-delusion
    You said nothing about political violence when it mattered. Kindly STFU.

BTW, they're closing Wawas in Philadelphia because of rising crime and mayhem. Nice city you got there. Have you left your segregated community enough to notice?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Peter1469 (10-23-2022)

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister D View Post
    You said nothing about political violence when it mattered. Kindly STFU.
    BTW, they're closing Wawas in Philadelphia because of rising crime and mayhem. Nice city you got there. Have you left your segregated community enough to notice?
    Sorry you are upset, you Trump tools get upset too quickly. Please don't mess up the thread with your irrelevant chatter. Start a new one. Thanks.
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

Original Ranter
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Mister D's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 53,475x in 36,449 Posts
    Mentioned
    1102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry you are upset, you Trump tools get upset too quickly. Please don't mess up the thread with your irrelevant chatter. Start a new one. Thanks.
    I'm not upset. I'm just calling you a hypocrite. STFU, will ya?
    Whoever criticizes capitalism, while approving immigration, whose working class is its first victim, had better shut up. Whoever criticizes immigration, while remaining silent about capitalism, should do the same.

~Alain de Benoist

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mister D For This Useful Post:

Ethereal (10-28-2022),Peter1469 (10-23-2022)

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 2,885
    Overall activity: 79.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    carolina73's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 43,664x in 28,251 Posts
    Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please stay on topic, thanks. If you want to talk about our current President create a thread.

I have finally come to understand QAnon. For now I'll just say it is about change. Not being a conspiracy fan - I feel conspiracy is right in the open and understandable. Q was a bit of a puzzle though. More books and readings for those who want to know and understand the whys.

"Trump's rise to power was no aberration in American history and that the political project of Trumpism is still very much alive. The full title is "The Cruelty Is The Point: The Past, Present And Future Of Trump's America.""

'Adam Serwer On New Book: 'The Cruelty Is The Point' In Trump's America'

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/27/10107...-trump-america

'The Storm Is Upon Us: How QAnon Became a Movement, Cult, and Conspiracy Theory of Everything' Mike Rothschild - great read

https://howtoacademy.com/podcasts/mi...rise-of-qanon/

And: https://www.britannica.com/topic/QAnon

'QAnon: What is it and where did it come from?'

https://www.bbc.com/news/53498434

"Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead." Benjamin Franklin
    Anyone that thinks Q was about pizzagate and pedophiles is the nut. I am no way a believer in Q, but Q was independent of Trump. The pizzagate thing was more of a creation of the MSM. It was a small online rumor that only the likes of Alex Jones promoted.
    How many times do we have to watch lies of the MSM before we understand that is their MO.

I belong to a Conservative board for a short period of time before I came here. Many of them were strong believers in Q. The forum had a Q section.

They never talked about Pizzagate and pedophiles. That is left wing propaganda.
    Let's go Brandon !!!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please stay on topic. Information concerning QAnon and Pizzagate for the interested reader.

'Pizzagate and its progeny QAnon are two conspiracy theories with a growing number of believers worldwide.'

https://jaapl.org/content/50/1/124

'QAnon, Pizzagate conspiracy theories co-opt #SaveTheChildren'

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...o-opt-savethe/

'Pizzagate’s violent legacy'

"The gunman who terrorized a D.C. pizzeria is out of prison. The QAnon conspiracy theories he helped unleash are out of control."

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 516
    Overall activity: 0.2%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocial10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    LescoBrandon's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,532x in 1,663 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any Charles Bowden readers out there? If you get a chance read 'At the Peripheries of Violence and Desire'. Warning, Bowden is not for the faint of heart, you may find yourself changed. It appeared in Harper's Magazine 8/1998, one of the best magazines ever published. It is also in 'The Charles Bowden Reader'. Sexual violence - rape - is its topic and its complication. Read it, link below.

If you are a libertarian or other free market fantastic check out his wring on Mexico and the workers. Their pay, their hours, their deaths, again stay away if you want to remain a naive free marketer.

I loved his pieces on his pet rattlesnake Beulah or all the bats.

http://harpers.org/archive/1998/08/torch-song-2/

https://aeon.co/essays/in-memory-of-...d-a-sensualist

"He had the most interesting and original mind that I ever got to know well. It cut right through the conventional wisdom and surface veneer to the stark uncomfortable truth. His intellectual honesty compelled him to fully acknowledge the horrors and pointlessness of the human experiment in this world, but he never lost his sense of wonder or curiosity. Even as he catalogued the monstrous dystopias emerging from social and political collapse in Mexico, even as he prophesied the bleakest of futures for our ransacked planet, his love of life was undiminished – mainly because he could take such pleasure from the colour of a bird’s throat, the feel of a woman’s thigh under his fingertips, the rain falling like arrows on the desert as the sky convulsed in thunder." from essay above

Books

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-Bowde...=books&ie=UTF8
    https://www.amazon.com/Murder-City-C...=books&ie=UTF8

"Legalized drugs would cause dislocations in the US economy - the prison industry for example and tens of billions spent annually on drug enforcement. But because the US economy is so large, this would be a minor blow, hardly as severe as the ultimate nightmare for the US economy, global peace, which would shutter its death industry commonly called the military/industrial complex." Charles Bowden
    Does one of those links take me to an actual argument to debate?

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    blackjack21's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,512x in 1,395 Posts
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by midcan5
    'Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis' by J. D. Vance
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
    Congratulations @midcan5 You are officially on the MAGA team. The President appreciates your vote in 2020
    Apparently so. JD Vance is the Republican Senate candidate for Ohio. There must be something to this "trans" thing after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenpe
    Reading these four pages where Midcan suggests books and authors and the rest try to belittle his thought using political jabs I was reminded of this character.
    We're just amazed that he's read and recommends the MAGA Republican Senate candidate from Ohio. No belittling, but maybe a raised brow curious for a little more explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotton1
    Midcan ran away
    Maybe because he realizes he recommended a Trump MAGA Republican Senate candidate?
    How serious is the threat now? Many observers take comfort in our Constitution, which was designed precisely to thwart and contain demagogues like Donald Trump. Our Madisonian system of checks and balances has endured for more than two centuries. It survived the Civil War, the Great Depression, the Cold War, and Watergate. Surely, then, it will be able to survive Trump.
    We've been told that America could barely survive Jacob Chansley on the Senate floor.
    mutual toleration, or the understanding that competing parties accept one another as legitimate rivals,
    Seems there was little toleration for Trump.
    By the time Barack Obama became president, many Republicans, in particular, questioned the legitimacy of their Democratic rivals and had abandoned forbearance for a strategy of winning by any means necessary.
    Uhhhhummm... Nixon, Reagan, Bush, Bush, Trump? All of them faced efforts to delegitimize them by the Democrats. It's ludicrous to pretend otherwise.
    'The Big Cheat: How Donald Trump Fleeced America and Enriched Himself and His Family'
    This is not mutual toleration...
    Bolton was probably the most credible to some of you.
    Bolton was a neoconservative war monger. What makes you think he's credible to us?
    Shttt come out of his mouth that makes you say, "huh?" I know he parrots what hate radio jocks said about liberals that excites his base and others but for fck sake, he acted like a 14 yr old with his insults , blather and obvious lies.
    You mean like Biden calling Mohammed bin Salman a murderer and then wondering why the Saudis are cutting oil production?
    But best of all when they had to hide shtt from him when he kept saying he wanted to remove us from NATO.
    Insubordination... and you believe their books, huh?
    I miss the intelligent conservatives like myself even when we sometimes disagreed.
    You're a conservative now, eh? What are you trying to conserve?

Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Social50000 Experience PointsVeteranYour first Group
    Ethereal's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 41,536x in 26,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    1169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please stay on topic. Information concerning QAnon and Pizzagate for the interested reader.

'Pizzagate and its progeny QAnon are two conspiracy theories with a growing number of believers worldwide.'

https://jaapl.org/content/50/1/124

'QAnon, Pizzagate conspiracy theories co-opt #SaveTheChildren'

https://www.politifact.com/article/2...o-opt-savethe/

'Pizzagate’s violent legacy'

"The gunman who terrorized a D.C. pizzeria is out of prison. The QAnon conspiracy theories he helped unleash are out of control."
    The hypocrisy of liberals like you is on topic. Naturally, you want to avoid having that discussion because you need to maintain the elaborate delusion that you and your liberal ilk are somehow the good guys in all this.

And I just have to say that after reading your stuff for at least a DECADE now, I can't recall a single original or interesting thing you've ever said. And on the rare occasion that something interesting does show up in one of your posts, it's always someone else's words, words that you distort to serve your transparently partisan political agenda. And you know what else? You have NEVER debated anyone! Not once! In the over two decades I've been posting on internet forums, you might be the biggest weirdo I've ever come across, which is really saying something.
    Power always thinks it has a great soul, and vast views, beyond the comprehension of the weak. And that it is doing God service when it is violating all His laws.
    --John Adams

+ Reply to Thread