User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: West Point cadet charged, two others referred to courts-martial on drug charges

Original Ranter
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialCreated Album picturesOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Peter1469's Avatar Advisor
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 147,526x in 94,387 Posts
    Mentioned
    2552 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

West Point cadet charged, two others referred to courts-martial on drug charges

West Point cadet charged, two others referred to courts-martial on drug charges

What would not raise eyebrows at most universities may get this guy serious prison time.

A member of the Class of 2017 at the US Military Academy was charged on Tuesday with drug-related offenses while two others have been referred to courts-martial proceedings.

Cadet Ammon Tuimaunei is charged with five violations of the Uniform Code of Military Justice Article 112a – wrongful possession and wrongful distribution of the controlled substances cocaine and oxycodone, and two violations of Article 81 – conspiracy with intent to distribute cocaine and oxycodone.

Tuimaunei is currently an active cadet pending a hearing.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 86.0%
    Achievements:
    50000 Experience PointsSocialVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    MisterVeritis's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 39,245x in 27,866 Posts
    Mentioned
    385 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to get with Ethereal and others here. I am sure the cadets were just nullifying federal drug laws.
    Call your state legislators and insist they approve the Article V convention of States to propose amendments.

I pledge allegiance to the Constitution as written and understood by this nation's founders, and to the Republic it created, an indivisible union of sovereign States, with liberty and justice for all.

Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 0.1%
    Achievements:
    Veteran50000 Experience Points
    Don's Avatar Senior Member
    Level
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 3,934x in 2,482 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intent to distribute is the key here. When I was in the Navy drug offenses could get anything from a Captains Mast to a special court martial. Discharges could be anything from dishonorable to bad conduct or undesirable to general under honorable conditions depending on the severity of the crime. It also mattered where you were. I heard that the western part of the USN command would hand out bad conduct but for the same charges on the Eastern part of USN command you would get a general under honorable conditions.

Another thing here is the high honor code the academies have and I think for good reason. These are the people who will run the military and should set an extraordinary example for those they will command. If we have people in there who are just gangsters that is disturbing.
    Last edited by Don; 03-02-2017 at 03:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread